WHAT IS POWERING TRADES?
Powering Trades, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with Red Deer College to help unemployed or marginally employed Albertans with an interest in entering the trades sector. This program provides skills training and support to begin your career and to secure entry-level employment in the trades industry.
What’s Included in the Program?
Manpower’s Powering Trades program includes:
- Wood Trades
- Pipe Fitting
- AIT Exam Prep
- Relevant safety certifications
- An Alberta Resident
- 18 years or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Ready, Willing and Able to participate in the 16 week (full-time) program
In addition, program participants will be provided with exposure to the latest trends in the emerging field of green energy. Including Energy Efficient and Low/Zero Carbon Buildings.